Disclaimer

I am a childbirth educator, lecturer, doula, and natural mother of eight children. This is not a medical reference; I do not proclaim to give medical advice. Anything stated here is from personal experience, research, study, and opinion. Each woman has the responsibility to do her own research, consult with her own medical team, and make her own decisions about pregnancy and birth.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

AMANI Birth Now Accepting Applications!

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim


It’s finally happening; the moment we’ve been waiting for!  AMANI Birth will host it’s first official childbirth education and doula training in Indonesia during Ramadan, insha’Allah!

Applications are available online and open for any city that has enough interest to host a workshop.  To learn more visit the AMANI Birth site.

If you can round up a group of interested women, you could become the next workshop coordinator, insha'Allah!

2 comments:

  1. Asalamu alaykum! I live in pakistan and reeeeaaalllyy want to homebirth. But unfortunately there arent any midwifes here who can make that possible. I'm just wondering if you may be able to help me please!
    I have been searching for a muslim midwife for months, but it seems impossible in the country i live in. I really dont want to go to the hospital for my next birth but i cant seem to find an option!
    Have you ever considered travelling for homebirths???? Please do let me know, i badly want to homebirth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalamualaikum sister Aisha

    First of all I would like to say what an amazing blog you have here mashaAllah. I have learnt SO much from it already and it's really helping me put a lot into perspective, especially homebirth (what I plan to do with my first child inshaAllah)

    I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on co-sleeping or bed sharing, particularly with infants. Do you practice co-sleeping with any of your children, and if so, what was your set up like?

    I would like to co-sleep with my baby (my first, she's due in 2 months inshaAllah) but my husband is against the idea. This makes me very sad and stressed because I really feel it's best for the baby. If you have any tips on how to tackle that situation or could do a blog about it when you have some time, it would be greatly appreciated.

    Jazakillahu khair for all of your effort and hard work in educating and helping women and their children.

    Umm Maryam

    ReplyDelete