Disclaimer

I am a midwife, childbirth educator, lecturer, doula, and natural mother of eight children. This is not a medical reference; I do not proclaim to give medical advice. Anything stated here is from personal experience, research, study, and opinion. Each woman has the responsibility to do her own research, consult with her own medical team, and make her own decisions about pregnancy and birth.



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Gorgeous Blogger Award!


Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim

I received this blog award from Princess Laylah at the "The Blue Abaya" blog! Thank you Laylah!!

"The Gorgeous Blogger award is awarded to all awesome bloggers. You must answer the five questions regarding your blog and then pass the award on to five others you think deserve this award.

I hope you'll agree with my nominees.  Now on to the details...The Gorgeous Blogger Award!...




1. When did you start your blog?

October, 2010

2. What do you write about?

Natural-non-medicated birth, birth stories from around the world (especially from Muslimas), birth culture in Saudi and other related places, all things birth/breastfeeding/mom and baby!

3. What makes your blog special?

I share birth stories of Muslim sisters and open dialogue about natural-birth as it relates to Islam and current culture.

4. What made you want to start writing a blog?

I began blogging to reach expectant mothers in my local community (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) about the risks of medical interventions in birth and the benefits of non-medicated births.  I teach childbirth classes, lecture about natural birth to doctors/midwives/nurses, am a doula and wanted a venue for making myself known in the community.

5. What would you like to change in your blog?

I'm surprised at the global reach of my blog!  I'd like it to be a venue for improving our global birthing cultures as well as a place for dawa.

I think the following five bloggers should receive this award:

Carol from American Bedu
Tara Umm Omar from Future Husbands and Wives of Saudis
Annelyse from  Playing with Sand
Umm Layth form World of Umm
Back at Princess Laylah from The Blue Abaya

 

5 comments:

  1. hi i have just discovered your blog! i had a caesarian and would like to have a natural birth in the future insyAllah! i was wondering if i could ask you a more personal question, possibly by email as i dnt really want to leave it in a comment. thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam alaikum,

    Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I'm so glad you found the blog. :) You may also like my weekly column on Saudi Life (www.saudilife.net/motherhood).

    I am happy to answer your questions, insha'Allah. You may email me directly at aisha_alhajjar@yahoo.com.

    I look forward to hearing from you. :)

    Best regards,

    Aisha, Natural Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asalamu Alaikum, hey girl! You're a sweetheart. I'm flattered that you chose me and have returned the favor. Keep up the good work and may your blog continue reach many more people across the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa alaikum asalam, Tara,

    Jzk...and yours...ameen!

    Best regards,

    -Aisha, Natural Mom

    ReplyDelete