Disclaimer

I am a midwife, childbirth educator, lecturer, doula, and natural mother of eight children. This is not a medical reference; I do not proclaim to give medical advice. Anything stated here is from personal experience, research, study, and opinion. Each woman has the responsibility to do her own research, consult with her own medical team, and make her own decisions about pregnancy and birth.



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ask me again why I am so passionate about NON-MEDICATED birth!


Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim

As I start my first Saudi Birth Story blog entry, I came across a horrifying article about an epidural gone horribly wrong.  I feel absolutely devastated for the poor women who is suffering due to a "hospital error."  I'll let you read the article for yourself, then ask me why I'm so passionate about natural, NON-MEDICATED childbirth. 

Click here to read the article:  Why take the chance?


I am blessed to be the mother of eight beautiful children.  I'm happy to say that all were born naturally (which means vaginal delivery with no medical interventions, NO, NOT EVEN PAIN MEDICATION).  I totally believe in childbirth education, preparation, and training to manage birth as Allah has created our bodies to do.


I'm thrilled to be a provisional instructor with an American academy for natural childbirth.  I offer 12-week classes to pregnant women and their coaches (preferably her husband) to learn about staying healthy and low-risk in pregnancy, as well as training and preparation for labor and birth.  My goal is to help as many women as possible achieve natural NON-MEDICATED births.  For more information please visit my web page at: Childbirth Classes in Riyadh.


Please support me in spreading the word about this blog and childbirth education and doula services (more about all that in another post, insha'Allah).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really scary! You never know if the stuff they are injecting into your body is going to harm you or not...even if it weren't a screw up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asalam Alaikum,

    Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I feel so sad for the woman in this story. Even worse is knowing it never would have happened had she opted for a natural, non-medicated birth!

    May Allah ease her pain and lead her on the straight path...Ameen!

    Best regards,

    -Aisha, Natural Mom

    ReplyDelete